Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.11.2006

Leadership and Vision

I officially started my masters classes this week after finishing my prerequisite work and my first course is "Biblical Foundations for Leadership". Our studies and discussion this week have centered around Jesus as a model for leadership paying special attention to the importance of having a vision.

The textbooks are excellent and I'm finding myself spiritually challenged to apply what I am learning. More than ever I am convinced that no ministry can ever be effective without a clearly defined mission (where we are going) and vision (how we are going to get there).

The other thing that has struck me is Jesus' model. He led as a servant. He commanded respect without being demanding. He was Lord but never lorded it over anyone. He understood everything but accepted his disciples in their lack of understanding. He was a humble servant and not a fast-talking CEO.

I want to be like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails