Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

9.29.2010

Creative Recycling

I have a basement full, (okay, more of a storage room full) of the old windows that we removed from our house when we did some remodeling last year. I've been coming up with art projects for using them. Sometimes the best creative inspiration comes from stuff that you have right on hand. 

Silhouette SD Digital Craft Cutting Tool (QuicKutz)I used my Silhouette cutting machine to cut out sayings on adhesive vinyl and then I created mat board backs for them that are decorated with scrapbook papers. Now, I'll be looking for a market for my art. Shipping is a little to expensive to put them in my Etsy store, but I think I'll be able to find a local place to consign them.


I don't know what it is about artsy projects, but I'm so happy when I'm creating something. It's hard for the non-artsy people to understand the craziness of a need to create, but for those who share this same personality, I know you understand. And thank goodness the rest of the world appreciates our creations even if they don't understand the insane drive to have creative time. 

I'd like to do some of these with Bible verses, I think. Or I could do them with custom names or monograms. Oh, the possibilities for these recycled windows are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails