Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

3.05.2009

Taking On Deuteronomy

Can Deuteronomy be the basis for a fiction story that contains solid Biblical truth? I'm about to find out. This week I'm tackling a 500 page work of fiction titled "The Deuteronomy Project" by Richard B. Couser. Several months ago, Couser went to be with the Lord after a battle with cancer, and in honor of his life and his writing, I'm hosting his last writing project on tour on my blog. In his preface, Couser said this is "a valuable resource for those who long to understand the Scriptures but are reluctant to read dry, academic, or narrowly sectarian commentaries."

Couser uses fiction characters to tell the story and explore scripture through conversations between retired pastor, Hal, and new Christian, Chris Green, and through reflections and thoughts of these characters. The book contains all 34 chapters of Deuteronomy woven throughout. I'm looking forward to sampling a writing style I haven't previously explored, and I'll post back with a review when I finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails