Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

8.30.2010

Let's Do Lunch

I've just finished reading "Let's Do Lunch" by Roger Troy Wilson, a story about how the author lost 230 pounds to go from 425, to 220 and the plan he devised that helped him lose the weight.

I suppose you saw the blog title and hoped I was inviting you to lunch. I wish I could do lunch with every one of my readers. Wouldn't that be fun? For now, we'll have to have a virtual lunch date. You at your computer and me at mine. I'll work on my next blog post for you, and you can check out my review of Roger Troy Wilson's book.

Let's Do Lunch- My Review

“Eat all the calories and carbs you want to lose weight.” That’s how Roger Troy Wilson subtitled his book “Let’s Do Lunch. It seemed a little too good to be true, so when I received a copy of the book from Thomas Nelson publishers for review, I was eager to discover this unbelievable possibility.

Roger Troy Wilson is a success story, evidence that his plan does work. And the book is filled with testimonials from others who have successfully lost large amounts of weight with the plan. However, the subtitle is a little bit misleading. After all, once I began reading the book it was clear that I would not be allowed to eat ALL the calories and carbs I wanted. For instance, Wilson makes it clear that the Let’s Do Lunch plan cuts out bread, pasta, potatoes, and white rice. That’s a significant amount of carbs. There’s no cereal either. So that's not exactly eating all you want.

What the follower is allowed to have is an unlimited amount of fruit. In fact, supper is all fruit, as much as you want. Lunch is the big meal of the day with the bulk of the day’s protein, and breakfast pretty much fruit and a source of protein.

I know it would be much more helpful if I were writing a review having tried Wilson’s plan. However, I cannot afford to purchase enough fruit to follow the plan accurately. Although it begins with eating limitless amounts of fruit in order to cut the craving for sugar, in the end, Wilson’s plan boils down to a controlled calorie plan. From the food plans and recipes in the back, it’s light on fat, light on carbs, and light on calories. Although he says the reader does not have to exercise, the plan is still a calories in, energy out balance.

What the plan is good for, is the person who has massive cravings for sweets. Testimonials from Wilson’s followers is enough evidence to prove that the plan diminishes craving for sugar and fatty food. That in itself is a good benefit.

If you’re looking for a plan to get you started in a better direction and you’re tired of everything you’ve tried, you have nothing to lose by checking out “Let’s Do Lunch”. You’ll find a simple description of the plan, daily meal plans, and recipes—everything you need to get started. And you’ll find group support on the message boards on the accompanying website www.letsdolunch.com.

Note: I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson publishers in exchange for my fair an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails