Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

9.08.2010

Fall Window Cleaning Tips

It's Everyday Tuesday. Well, there are 10 minutes left in Tuesday, so if I type fast, today's post still counts for Tuesday. I've been assigned to do a fall cleaning on a section of windows at my church this week, and so I was researching the best way to clean a window. 

Now, you're probably saying, "Duh! Windex and a roll of paper towels!" 

But that seems to leave a lot of streaks and it goes through a lot of paper towels. I once worked for a cleaning service that used crumpled newspaper to dry the windows, so I thought I'd research if that had any merit. And guess what! It does. I found out on a window washing tutorial (yes, they have those online) that the newspaper polishes the window, but also leaves a film that makes the window resistant to dirt. 

The problem I discovered with the newspaper was that it turned my hands black, so be sure to wear disposable plastic gloves if you don't want dirty hands. 

Want to know how you can get the cleanest windows? Check out this tutorial on TLC.  Here is one great tip from the tutorial:
  • Wash one side of a window with horizontal strokes and the other side with vertical strokes so you can pinpoint which side of the window has a streak.
  Isn't that a great idea?

What's your favorite window cleaning method? Do you make your own cleaner, or use a spray bottle? Share your idea in the comments.  And then tell us how often you wash your windows. Twice a year? Frequently? Never?

2 comments:

  1. Mostly never, unless it's glaringly obvious (fingerprints, bird droppings, etc.). I like the washing in two different directions tip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails