Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

2.25.2012

Book Review: His Princess--Love Letters from Your King

Do you need a reminder of who you are in God’s eyes? Each page of His Princess: Love Letters from Your King, contains a scripture verse with a promise on each page. Then author Sheri Rose Shepherd takes the concept from that verse and writes it in a letter format as if God had written a love letter to the reader.

Here is an example:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled.” John 14:27

“I know how hard it is for you to feel content in your home when you’re always wanting one more thing to make it the perfect place. I long to give you beautiful things that turn a house into the haven of a home; but My princess, you must first learn to let Me build in you a place of peace and contentment. Do your best to rest in Me and wait for Me, and then I will give you what I know will benefit you the most. I want you to make your home a place that builds relationships and reflects who you are in Me. Remember that your loved ones need you more than any material thing. So decorate your home with joy, fill it with timeless memories, and create a safe place to grow up in Me. Love, Your King and your Resting Place” p. 57

The book gives beautiful reminders to the reader. It has beautiful soft floral pictures on the pages and a padded hard cover. It’s a little pocket-sized book.

My one concern about the book is that whenever we attempt to take scripture and expand it into a letter from God, we add the author’s own voice. Although there’s nothing wrong in the example I shared above, it’s risky to write what we believe God would say. We already have his Word, so readers must remember that while the letters in the book contain scriptural principles, they are not scripture.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails