Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

5.21.2012

Crafty Fun with Adhesive Vinyl

I was working on a project the other day making sign lettering for my church and got a little carried away with the adhesive vinyl. I've always wanted to decorated the top of my laptop (back side of the screen), so I took the plunge. I thought I'd show you the results and catch up a little on the "life" and "creativity" part of the blog.

Here's what it looked like before I messed with it:
And after...
I have a Silhouette SD machine. It's the older model and it was much cheaper than the new model, but I love it! The new model Silhouette is even better, so imagine the possibilities! Using the software, I can design any shape cutout on my laptop without needing cartridges like other machines need. I know it's difficult to tell in the photo, but I used a metallic silver vinyl, since it matched the other silver accents on my computer.

Since I had it out, I made some house numbers for the front door and put new letters and numbers on the mailbox. And then I forced myself to put it away so I could work on other things.

Can you see how addicting this hobby might be?

1 comment:

  1. This is great!! I have a Silhouette, too. I was never going to get one of those crazy cutting machines but then I saw all the Silhouette could do - and without cartridges! So I took the plunge thinking how foolish it was and I would probably never use it... Now I use it constantly to make cards, cut stencils, make gift tags, print and cut embellishments for my journal, etc, etc. It is tough to imagine having to put it away!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails