Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

2.24.2006

Servant Leadership

What is leadership? Is it giving orders, bossing people around, receiving a title? Check none of the above. It is accomplishing a mission with the help of others while remaining focused on serving those on your team.

Nehemiah was a great leader because he led from his knees. He prayed before he acted, he prayed on impulse, prayed when he encountered opposition and finally prayed when as he celebrated and worshipped God for His faithfulness.

I have thoroughly enjoyed studying leadership for these past weeks as I apply what I have learned to my own life. Of all of the biblical examples of leadership that I have studied, Jesus' leadership style has given me the most insight into what I need to be as a leader. He was a servant first and that's what I want to emulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails