Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

3.06.2006

Planning and Prioritizing

I challenged myself to spend some time applying what I have learned in school this week about prioritizing tasks. In seeking God, the scripture reminded me that Jesus'’ purpose was to give life in all its fullness (John 10:10). Because of his purpose, I have purpose. If he gives life in all its fullness, it is my responsibility to live it in all its fullness. But how can I live life to the fullest when I'’m randomly moving from one activity to another?

I started with a blank calendar in front of me and filled in my priorities to accomplish this week. It looks so easy on paper, with blank spaces even. Of course, I didn'’t block in “"wasted time"”. It is the wasted time that robs me of the ability to accomplish what I need to!

Psalm 37:23-24 says, "“If the LORD delights in a man'’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand."” Today, I long for God to delight in what I have placed on my planning list for the week; that He would make my steps firm and have me firmly in the grip of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails