Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.18.2010

Inspired to Dream

As I continue to pursue the question, "What is your deepest heart desire?" it is no coincidence that I "happened" to read a book this week that prompted more thoughts about dreams and desires. This book made me think about how God can lead us in directions we'd never dreamed of before.

Book Review
"Summer of Light" a novel by W. Dale Cramer

Browsing through books at the library, I decided to take a chance on an author I’d never heard of and checked out Summer of Light by W. Dale Cramer. From the first chapter, I was hooked! Cramer has a way of connecting with a reader. Sometimes I forgot I was reading fiction because I felt like I was in the story. Cramer’s sense of humor is incredible, and I loved the witty and somewhat sarcastic ways Mick the main character responded to his surroundings.

Sometimes, I think Cramer was channeling Erma Bombeck as he turned what could have been mundane situations into a side-splitting scenarios. As a mother, I felt appreciated as Mick discovered his own appreciation for moms, and my heart connected with him as he fell deeper in love with his family. As a wife, Mick’s process helped me to respect the way a husband gains esteem from his work. But over all other qualities, the book was inspiring.

As Mick journeyed from ironworker to stay-at-home-dad to artist, I saw the unfolding of a dream and it inspired me to think that I too could pursue my dream, no matter how implausible it seems. I’m so glad I found this book! I know I’ll be watching for other works by this author and recommending the book to friends.
Summer of Light: A Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails