Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

2.22.2011

Fun iPod Touch App for Readers

If you're a regular Faith Creativity Life follower, you know that I post quite a few book reviews and today I discovered a fun app for my new iTouch. By the way, I got said iPod by cashing in points on my visa card and points from Swagbucks on Amazon gift cards so that I could get it free. (see below for more info about Swagbucks)

If you haven't checked out Goodreads, I suggest you do. It's a site where you can meet other readers, review books, and track your own books. If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, they have an app that allows you to scan the barcode on the back of a book and automatically add the book to your virtual bookshelf.

Now, I have to admit, I'm in love with just scanning stuff because the technology blows me away. So, I may or may not have books on my bookshelf that I scanned just for the fun of it. But, it's also a really cool way to track your reading and your wish list. I just scanned in the books I received in the mail for review.

Let's imagine you are in the library and you see a book you just have to buy. You can scan the bar code on the back and add it to your Goodreads list to look it up later online for purchase. You'll just need to have access to wireless to take advantage of this feature, but my library has free wifi. 

If you sign up for a Goodreads account, be sure to add me as a friend - Michelle Rayburn - and check out my reviews.

Happy scanning!

Don't forget - comments on any February blog post yet your name entered into the drawing for a free book.

*Swagbucks is a points reward system where users earn reward points by using the search engine, shopping through sponsors, completing surveys, shopping with coupons and more. Right now, if you use this special code at sign-up, you'll get 50 instant bonus points 3rdBirthday116 Sign up for Swagbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails