Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

2.16.2011

World, Stop Spinning...Please!

Do you ever wish the world would slow down a little? I remember going on carnival rides when I was a kid and I was so relieved when the ride started to slow down a little. This week, I feel like the ride keeps speeding up on me and I never get that reprieve that comes with knowing it's going to slow soon.

I was late on two bills this week simply because I didn't have time to sit down and grab the bill box and pay them. That drives me crazy because I hate being late! And It seems like lately, I add more items to my to-do list than I take off every day. It's made it difficult to stir up any creativity when I need it. Last week, it took me way longer than normal to write an article that was due, simply because I just couldn't come up with the words.

But, despite my growing to-do list, I have forced myself to carve out time to renew and refresh. Last week, Friday, I was out of state for the day accompanying my son to a scholarship day at my alma mater where he's applied. Saturday, I knew I should be catching up at home, but I took off a couple of hours to attend an art show in a nearby town.

Until the world stops spinning, I've learned to seek creative ways to cope with the motion of the ride. 

What do you do to unwind? Do you make time for it even when you're overwhelmed with busyness? Leave your comments below and get your name in the February drawing

A few people have said they've had trouble leaving comments. I checked and all of the settings are okay. Just be sure that you select an ID or you use "Anonymous" in the drop-down box for "Comment As" or your comments won't go through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails