Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

10.20.2011

Like Dandelion Dust - the Movie

I can't imagine what it would be like to adopt a baby and find out when he was seven years old that the biological father's consent was forged on the adoption papers. And I can't imagine what it would be like if the courts ordered that I give my precious son over to his biological parents after the biological father is released from prison.

As a mother, my heart aches to think of what it would be like to let me little boy go visit people who live in a much different environment from our safe home. It would nearly kill me to know my boy was going into a potentially abusive environment.

In the movie Like Dandelion Dust, this is what happens to Jack and Molly Campbell. With the law on the side of the biological parents, they must decide what to do to save their family.

I was surprised that this movie was rated PG-13 since it was missing all of the tacky stuff that most PG-13 movies have. The movie description says the rating is for mature thematic material including domestic violence and alcohol abuse. I agree with the rating because the material would be scary for younger children and for once a movie got the rating right.

Read more details about the movie on IMDB

I have never read the novel by Karen Kingsbury that this book is based on, so I have no way of comparing the two. However, I thought the move was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails