Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.17.2013

Pinterest Project Day 17: Trash Bag Dispenser

Someday, I will do a Pinterest experiment with project that take more time. But for now, I've been experimenting with short projects. Today, I tried a trash bag dispenser I saw on Pinterest. If you have been following my "project" for all 17 days, by now you know I don't really follow directions. Can you say controlling? 

Anyhoo, I saw the picture of this project and figured I knew how to do it. However, afterwards I discovered that the sample and the directions lead to something a bit more durable. Ahem. Next time, I shall not hurry. But for now, here's the project already [I know, you were wondering if I would ever stop talking]. 

Here is the project from the blog Tatertots and Jello:
These are recycled containers from Lysol wipes, or baby wipes. The instructions show how to cover each in fabric with decoupage glue. The site also gives wonderful detailed instructions on how to roll used shopping bags to put into the dispenser. About 12 bags for each.
 Be sure to check out the full post for all the details.

This is great for  trash bags in the car, under the bathroom sink, at the office, etc. It's pretty, yet functional. Now for my version.

Like I said, I was in a hurry. I just slapped a piece of 6x12 paper on with 2-sided tape (half of a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper). I don't imagine this will hold up to much use, so I recommend the directions above!
I just stuffed my bags in, but as I was doing so, I thought it would be smart to make them connect. With my method, I only got five bags stuffed in there. Next time, I shall follow directions.
Quick and fun.

The Pinterest Project Score:
Successes - 13
Fails - 3
Neutral - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails