Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.01.2013

The Pinterest Project: Day 1

For the first day of my Pinterest Project, I chose an easy assignment. I had a hard time coming up in a pin on Pinterest related to faith, so I'll evaluate something I see others pin. I have decided I want to read through the Bible in a year. It's the first of the year, so the perfect day to begin, and many others will do the same. It's been a couple of years since I last read it through in a year. On Pinterest, I saw several posts for One-Year Bibles. I happened to see one for the NIV Daily Bible.

I can testify that this is a great Bible and I highly recommend it! 

Several years ago, I decided to read through the Bible in a year and chose The Daily Bible, which is a chronological Bible. Reading through the Bible in the order (to the best of experts' knowledge) in which events occurred really gave me a new perspective on events. For example, it was great to read through some of David's story in Kings and Chronicles while also reading the Psalms he wrote during that era at the same time.  

In the New Testament, you'll read the events of the gospels all merged together in order. 

This version had commentary and historical information added throughout, and had readings all divided for the year. 

Although I didn't try it out today [in other words, I sort of cheated because I tried this out before], I still declare this "pin" a success and highly recommend the resource of you're considering reading through the Bible this year. It isn't too late to start. You'll have a few days of catching up to do if you order it now, but it's a great project for 2013! For under $20 for a hardcover Bible, it's a worthwhile investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails