Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.30.2013

The Pinterest Project Day 26: Texas Caviar

I was in the mood for some Texas Caviar (also called Cowboy Caviar) for lunch. So, I went to Pinterest to see if there was a new recipe I could try. Uh, there were pages of recipes.
You see, this is the problem with Pinterest. It can be a little overwhelming if you're looking for something simple. 

I browsed a couple of recipes, then decided to go with my standby, the one so easy I can do it without a recipe. And, I thought I would share it with you. Here is how I make it. Mine is vegetarian, but a friend I know puts chicken in hers. Everything is really to taste so adjust amounts as you prefer.

Texas Caviar
  • 1 whole red pepper, diced.
  • 1 whole yellow pepper, diced (may substitute green for the red or yellow peppers)
  • 1 can black-eyed peas
  • 1 can black beans
  • Chopped green onions, to taste
  • Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
  • 1/8 to 1/4 cup of fat free or light Italian dressing
  • 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 T. lime juice

Mix all of the ingredients and serve as a salad, or serve with tortilla chips. 

Some recipes have corn, tomatoes, and avocado. Again, adjust as you desire. Want to see how mine turned out? 
 Mmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails