Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.09.2013

The Pinterest Project Day 9: Flourless Pizza

There are a lot of recipes floating around Pinterest for pizza crust made from cauliflower. So I had to try it. Mostly because I was skeptical I looked through recipes and most had this ratio:
  • 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
I cooked the cauliflower until it was tender, and then used my potato ricer. If I didn't have one, I could have used the food processor and pulsed it. Then I mixed the three ingredients together and shaped them into a circle on a baking sheet.
I baked it at 425 degrees until the crust started browning. Then, I spread pizza sauce on top and sprinkled a little cheese on. I used the top cheese sparingly, since there is also cheese in the crust. You could add meat or vegetables. Next, I popped it under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the top cheese until it was starting to brown.
Looks like Pizza, right?
It's really terrific! I made it for myself, since I doubted I could convince my family to try. It wasn't crispy on the bottom, but it had the consistency of softer pizza crust. I think it makes a pretty convincing alternative if you're looking for a flourless option. It reheated well too.

Another Pinterest success!

Pinterest Project Score:
Success - 6
Fails - 3

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks good. I haven't heard of this before but think its something we'd like. I'm guessing the pizza is less fattening without the flour.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails