Content from this blog has moved to www.michellerayburn.com.

f

1.26.2013

The Pinterest Project Day 24: Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping

One of my husband's favorite desserts is ice cream with Magic Shell. If you haven't every tried it or heard of it, it's that chocolate that hardens on top of your ice cream and is reminiscent of a dipped cone or ice cream bar. Yum! 
Magic Shell also happens to be a bit expensive. So when I saw a recipe on Pinterest that involved only two ingredients, I had to try it. 

Cindy over at the blog Skip to My Lou has the best recipe. 

Here is Cindy's finished product, since I did not take picture of mine. 

Recipe:

1 1/4 Cups Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (measured when solid)

I put mine in a pint sized canning jar and microwave it for up to a minute. I check partway through the minute to see how it is melting. Then stir it all up good and it's ready to use!

If your house is cool, you'll need to zap it for 15 seconds in the microwave before using it each time. This is the same with brand name Magic Shell.

The Pinterest Project Score:
Successes -19
Fails - 4
Neutral - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails